Bedtime mode aka Goodnight mode is one of the silent modes presented by using Samsung to quickly mute alerts and switch off other functions at the Samsung Galaxy Watch. Any other two are Do not disturb and Theater mode. In case you have been thinking what does Bedtime mode do on a Samsung Galaxy watch and a way to set it up like a pro, you’ve landed at the right place. Let’s begin.
What Does Bedtime Mode Do on Galaxy Watch
The Samsung Galaxy Watch’s Bedtime mode (or Goodnight mode) is a more improved edition of Do not disturb. It mutes notifications and disables functions along with an always-on display and lift the wrist to awaken which could wake you or someone slumbering nearby in the course of the night. Because the call implies, it is intended to be used at night time and accordingly above all influences display and notifications.
Bedtime mode relies on Do not disturb mode. Once you allow Bedtime mode, Don’t disturb mode is immediately enabled.
Essentially, Bedtime does nothing more than turn off the always-on demonstrate and raise the wrist to wake up. It utilizes Do No longer Disturb mode to silence notifications and calls. If you don’t want to disable notifications, you could disable Do not disturb mode while retaining Bedtime mode enabled.
Bedtime mode, like Do No longer Disturb, has no influence on the morning alarm. The alarm on your watch will retain to ring, yet all different notifications would be muted.
The in basic terms drawback to Bedtime mode is which you ought to manually turn it off within the morning if you haven’t established a schedule for it, which is unfortunately basically accessible on a restrained variety of contraptions like Galaxy Watch4.
Additionally, Bedtime mode might be synced on your phone. That is, if you permit or disable Bedtime mode on one device, it’s going to be immediately enabled or disabled at the other.
In a nutshell, the following matters will happen whilst bedtime mode is turned on:
- Calls would be muted at the watch.
- Notifications and other process sounds are muted.
- Always-on reveal is became off.
- Raise wrist to awaken is became off
- Touch display to awaken is turned off.
- Alarm won’t be silenced.
How to Permit or Disable Bedtime Mode
There are four the right way to flip Bedtime mode on or off in your Samsung Galaxy Watch.
Method 1: From Speedy Settings on Watch
1. Open Quick settings in your Galaxy Watch by using swiping down from the end of the screen.
2. Tap on the Bedtime mode icon (looks like a bed) or Goodnight mode icon (crescent icon) to turn it on. When the icon is blue, it means the mode is on. Faucet at the same icon back to show it off.
Pro Tip: Long press the Bedtime mode icon to expand the Bedtime settings.
Method 2: From Settings
1. Open Settings on your Samsung Galaxy Watch. You may try this by way of tapping the Settings icon within the Speedy settings or hitting the Settings app within the list of the apps.
Tip: How one can take screenshots on Samsung Galaxy watches.
2. Scroll down and faucet on Advanced features followed by way of Bedtime mode.
3. Flip at the toggle subsequent to Bedtime mode to turn it on. Turn off a similar toggle to disable Bedtime mode.
Method 3: From Galaxy Wearable App
1. Open the Galaxy Wearable app in your phone.
2. Go to Watch settings > Progressed features.
3. Faucet on Bedtime mode and turn it off or at the subsequent screen.
Note: You can not turn Bedtime mode on or off from the app on Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy Watch4 Classic. It in basic terms enables you to permit or disable syncing of Bedtime mode with your phone.
Tip: If you own a Galaxy Healthy device, you could allow Turn on day-by-day function on this screen, which will instantly flip Bedtime mode on or off in accordance with your sleep styles that it learns over time. In case you don’t discover this feature, move to Settings > Privacy and permit Customization services on your Samsung Galaxy phone. Await a while to allow the function to reveal in your Galaxy Watch.
Method 4: Turn on Bedtime Mode Automatically
If you’ve a Galaxy Watch4, you can agenda Bedtime mode in order that it automatically turns on/off at sure times.
1. On your Galaxy Watch4, open Settings.
2. Faucet on Advanced features followed by using Bedtime mode.
3. Enable the toggle next to Turn on as scheduled.
4. Faucet on Days and choose the times on which you want Bedtime mode to activate automatically. By way of default, all the days are selected. Similarly, faucet on Set time table and set the beginning and end times.
Method 5: Time table Bedtime Mode Utilizing Phone
In this method, you would like to permit or schedule Bedtime mode in your Samsung Galaxy telephone and an identical would replicate on your Galaxy Watch. To do so, you have to first sync Bedtime mode among your phone and watch. Here are the stairs in detail:
1. Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.
2. Move to Watch Settings > Progressed features.
3. Tap on Bedtime mode and allow the toggle subsequent to Sync bedtime mode.
4. Now, open Settings in your Samsung Galaxy phone.
5. Go to Digital wellbeing and parental controls followed by using Bedtime mode.
6. Here, you can flip it on or off. Or, faucet on Turn on as scheduled to create a agenda for Bedtime mode which will switch on at the Galaxy Watch too.
Note: Once you allow Bedtime mode in your phone, the display will turn grey.
Bonus: A way to Stop Syncing Galaxy Watch Bedtime Mode With Phone
When you permit Bedtime mode for the 1st time in your watch, you will notice that the connected phone’s screen will turn grey. This occurs since the Bedtime mode receives enabled instantly on the related phone as well as Samsung syncs bedtime mode in your watch and phone.
Don’t worry though. It’s now not something that can’t be changed. You may easily discontinue bedtime mode from syncing along with your phone as proven below.
1. Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.
2. Tap on Watch Settings > Progressed features.
3. Go to Bedtime mode and turn off the toggle next to Sync bedtime mode.
4. The above toggle in basic terms turns off Bedtime mode syncing. Due to the fact Bedtime mode allows the Do not disturb mode feature, you ought to separately turn off its syncing as well, otherwise, your watch will sync Don’t disturb mode for your phone.
Go to Watch Settings > Notifications in the Galaxy Wearable app and turn off the toggle for Sync do not disturb with phone.
After you disable sync, you’ll have to manually flip off Bedtime mode and Don’t disturb modes on your Samsung Galaxy cellphone once. Open Quick setting by way of swiping down twice from the end edge of your phone. Faucet on Do not disturb and Bedtime tiles to show them off.
Alternatively, move to Settings > Notifications > Do not disturb to turn off Do not disturb mode and Settings > Digital wellness > Bedtime mode to turn off Bedtime mode.
Pro Tip: Inspect 8 the way to silence Samsung Galaxy phone.
Apps and Video games for Galaxy Watch
I wish you’ve understood the that means of Bedtime mode at the Samsung Galaxy Watch. Do inspect the best apps that you ought to install in your Galaxy Watch. If you savour playing games, discover out the best video games for the Galaxy Watch.