Love it or hate it, more and more blogs or even famous websites like Facebook and Tumbler are using Countless scrolling. For the unaware, limitless scrolling is a technique enforce through the website proprietor to continuously lots the subsequent web page because the person scroll down the page.
While endless scrolling does keep the viewers at the website resulting in extra page views, however it doesn’t necessarily offer the finest user experience. There are few difficulties with the endless scrolling.
- Use to an excessive amount of RAM
- Impossible to arrive static hyperlinks (like Approximately Us or Contact Us) on the footer
- User is left with the feel of lack of control
Now, you can always, turn off your Information superhighway to forestall countless scrolling yet that implies your energetic download walking in the heritage could also stop. Alternatively, you can also use extensions like Kill Limitless Scroll (Firefox), yet If you’re like me who don’t favor to install too many extension, that one is off the record as well.
- Click on the padlock icon next to the URL of the website
- Choose Web site settings from the drop-down menu
- A new window will open with Chrome settings,
- Go lower back to the website and refresh it
While countless scrolling has advantages for some website (like YouTube, Twitter, Facebook) which generates custom-made content dynamically, different blogs that in simple terms use it to get extra page views, ought to think twice before using it. Or the least those blogs can do is not positioned static links (like About Us or Touch Us) at the footer.
Img Source: xkcd