If you want to import contacts from Gmail to Android phone or iPhone, you truly must import contacts from Google for your phone. That’s due to the fact Gmail doesn’t shop contacts. Those are stored on your Google account and therefore, we can confer with contacts as Google or Gmail contacts in this post. You could upload Google contacts on your Android or iPhone with the aid of syncing them or with the aid of importing them manually. Let’s examine the two methods.
Method 1: Upload Contacts from Gmail to Phone with the aid of Syncing
When you employ this option to import contacts, the contacts in your phone will continue to be in sync with these in the Google account. Any difference that you make to a touch on your phone or computer would be synced to different devices automatically. This is probably the best the right way to import contacts from Gmail or Google to the phone.
Sync Contacts to Android
Whenever you upload a Google account in your Android phone, Google contacts from that account will instantly sync in your phone. Therefore, if you add multiple Google accounts, contacts from all accounts will sync.
Follow these steps to feature and sync contacts from Google on your Android phone.
1. Open Settings on your phone.
2. Cross to Password & accounts. If the Google account is already added for your phone, faucet on it. Alternatively, with a view to sync contacts from a new Google account, pass to step 5.
3. Tap Account sync and permit the toggle next to Contacts at the subsequent screen.
4. Tap at the three-dot icon at the accurate and press the Sync now option.
5. Wait for the contacts to sync. Then, open the Contacts app in your cellphone and you will see the Google contacts in it. They make take the time based on the variety of contacts.
6. If a Google account isn’t added in your phone in step 2, scroll down on the equal web page and tap on Add account followed by way of Google at the subsequent screen. Sign up along with your Google account credentials.
7. As soon as the Google account has been added, come lower back to the Settings > Passwords & money owed screen. You will see the newly added Google account. Tap on it adopted with the aid of Account sync. Ensure the toggle subsequent to Contacts is enabled.
Pro Tip: On Samsung Galaxy phones, cross to Settings > Debts and backup > Manage accounts. Faucet on the existing Google account or press the Add account button. The rest of the steps are a similar as mentioned above.
The above technique is a one-time process. You need to add the account in simple terms as soon as after which contacts will retain to sync. In case you want to forestall contacts from syncing, turn off the toggle subsequent to Contacts within the above step.
Sync Contacts to iPhone
You can effortlessly sync Google contacts to iPhone as shown below. Reminiscent of Android, the contacts will remain in continuous sync with these in Google cloud or other devices. That is, adjustments made to contacts on iPhone will replicate on other devices as well.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone and go to Contacts.
2. Faucet on Money owed adopted by way of Upload Account. Then, log in together with your Google account. If the account is already added, cross to the subsequent step.
3. Once added, come lower back to Settings > Contacts > Money owed and tap on Gmail. Allow the toggle next to Contacts. That ought to sync the Google contacts for your iPhone.
4. Open the Contacts app and you will see the Google contacts on your iPhone.
Tip: In case you don’t see Google Contacts, tap on Groups in the top-left corner in the Contacts app and make sure the toggle subsequent to All Gmail is selected.
In case Google Contacts aren’t syncing for your iPhone, pass to Settings > Contacts > Debts > Gmail. Tap on Account adopted with the aid of Advanced. Enable the toggle next to Use SSL. Check out other how you can fix contacts no longer showing up on iPhone.
Method 2: Upload Contacts from Gmail to Telephone with the aid of Import and Export
Another manner of adding Gmail contacts to Android or iPhone is by means of manually importing them in your phone. For that, first, you must export the contacts from Google and then add them on your phone.
Tip: Know the adaptation among import and export of contacts.
The contacts added utilizing this technique are not in sync with those within the cloud. In case you difference a touch on Google Cloud, the difference will not be reflected on your mobile device. Use this technique with the intention to integrate contacts from multiple debts into one or with a view to add contacts only once.
I have divided this technique into two sections:
1. Export contacts from Google (same for the two Android and iOS)
2. Import contacts
Export contacts from Google
1. Open contacts.google.com in a browser on your PC and register along with your Google account.
2. Click on on the Export button in the left sidebar.
All the contacts would be selected. With a view to choose a few contacts only, pass back, choose the contacts, and then hit the Export button.
3. The Export contacts window will open. Select Google CSV with the intention to import to Android and vCard for iPhone. Hit the Export button. The contacts file would be downloaded on your PC
Import Contacts to Android
1. Ship the Google CSV file on your phone. You may electronic mail it to yourself, ship it by way of chat apps like WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. Once you receive the dossier on the phone, download it.
2. Open the Google Contacts app in your phone.
3. Tap at the profile photo icon on the appropriate and choose Contacts app settings.
4. Faucet on Import and select the .vcf file from the pop-up.
5. Choose the dossier that you downloaded in step 1. That’s it. The Google contacts in the .csv dossier would be further on your phone.
Note: On Samsung Galaxy phones, open the Contacts app and faucet at the three-bar icon. Pass to Manage contacts > Import or export contacts > Import > Telephone or cloud storage. Select the CSV file.
Import Contacts to iPhone
You can import Google contacts to iPhone in two ways:
1. Using e-mail
2. Utilizing iCloud
The Apple Contacts app doesn’t provide a thanks to import contacts on iPhone directly. But, if you e mail the .csv file to the email added in your iPhone, the contacts in it is going to be imported.
1. Email the contacts dossier which you exported from Google contacts to yourself.
Note: Be sure to ship it to the account that is added for your iPhone.
2. Launch the Mail app on your iPhone and open the email containing the .csv file.
3. Tap at the .csv dossier within the email. The dossier will open and exhibit the contacts in it. Tap on Upload all contacts adopted by way of Create new contacts. The Google contacts will be further in your iPhone.
If the above method doesn’t paintings otherwise you don’t like it for some reason, you may import Google Contacts using iCloud as well.
1. Open iCloud.com in a browser in your PC. Log in along with your Apple ID.
2. Click on on Contacts.
3. Hit the Settings icon at the backside and select Import vCard from it. Select the .csv dossier which you downloaded above.
The contacts will begin adding in your iCloud account.
4. To expose the imported contacts in your phone, open Settings on your iPhone and tap on the name on the top.
5. Pass to iCloud and enable the toggle next to Contacts. The Google contacts you imported would be added for your iPhone.
Tips to Use Contacts
I hope the above techniques helped you in importing Gmail contacts to Android or iPhone. With that done, learn what’s silence unknown callers and the way to take away Google account features from iPhone. Also, look at the finest contact supervisor apps for Android.