Everyone knows that the library lends books and periodicals and DVDs. Most people know that librarians are trained researchers and can help patrons with all sorts of questions. The people of Manchester and environs also know that the Mark Skinner Library is the host of the area’s First Wednesday lecture series as well as a wide range of other programs for adults and children.
But take a few minutes to feast your eyes on this extensive list of additional programs and services available to members of the MSL. From entertainment to education, from job seeking to language learning, you can find what you need at the library. Memberships are free to all Manchester residents and non-residents can join for a small annual membership fee.
If something catches your eye, visit or call the library for more information. And if you have suggestions for additional programs and services, be sure to share them with the library staff.
- Use of thousands of books, audiobooks, movies, and magazines
- Public access computers
- Free Wifi
- Downloadable audiobooks and e-books compatible with a slew of portable devices including iPads, iPods, Kindle, Sony Reader, and Nooks
- Paper tax forms- we are the only Manchester location to obtain these important forms
- Weekly story times – on-site
- Homebound delivery service
- Book Express- delivery of themed book boxes to area day care centers
- Low cost or no cost entry to several museums as well as VT state parks during the summer and fall
- Vermont Online Library databases including full-text coverage of the New York Times and Los Angeles Times, periodical databases, Health & Wellness Resource Center and Business & Company Resource Center
- Interlibrary loan service
- Book club
- Computer tutorials
- Foreign Language Conversation Groups (a MSL/ BBA Collaboration)
- Online Language Learning Systems: Mango Languages and Powerspeak Languages
- Online Job Help Tools: Career Transitions, a complete, self-paced application that walks job-seekers through the entire process from assessing strengths and interests, to exploring new opportunities, to ultimately improving the chances of landing a job and Small Business Resource Center, which covers all major areas of starting and operating a business including financing, management, marketing, human resources, franchising, accounting and taxes.
- Online Research Tools: Opposing Viewpoints in Context and Biography in Context
- Full service website that allows library members to renew and reserve items online
- Universal Class: Over 500 free online continuing education courses
- Dedicated online job/social service resource computer station